photo line.png

25 September, 2013

KOREA (SEOUL) DAY 3 : Lotte World and Namdaemun Market

The highlight of day 3 would be Lotte World (which I find it rather meh 'cos of the crowd) and the best BBQ pork at Namdaemun market. I didn't really sort out the X no. of name cards I bought back. Heh

p/s It said to be the world's largest indoor theme park

We started our day quite early, took the subway down to Lotte World which is located at Jamsil Station (Subway Line 2 & 8).
Anyway, I wouldn't recommend people who are not into rides/ just wanna check out the rides that Bigbang sat on etc.
Everland would be a better alternative for thrill rides. I sat on the world's steepest wooden roller coaster and IT-WAS....OMG. I literally bursted into tears. (Not like I'm afraid or anything, well maybe I am... a bit, I can't even control my tears. Lol)




We had simple korean-ish lunch in the subway. Best Kimbap and Ramen. Yumz




I remembered vividly that I only recognised Kimbap and Ramen (which is the first 2 btw), the rest of the words were like "d-u-o m-a". Vocabs pathetically limited, so we could only settled with those 2 ):
Subways stalls doesn't have English menu and ajumma doesn't understand either.


I can have kimchi ramen EVERDAY, no shit.




























Getting to Lotte World
Alight at Jamsil Station (subway Line 2 & 8)
Take exit 4
Mon - Thur: 9.30 AM to 10 PM
Fri - Sun: 9.30AM to 11PM

Price
Adult: KRW 26,000
Youth: KRW 23,000
*Tips:
1) Most of the attractions in Korea give discount for tourists/ youths, try to ask them about it or you can show them your passports
2) There's also separate attractions in Lotte World eg Star Avenue which Nichkhun's handprint was imprinted there...Sadly I forgotten about it due to the crowd ):
And of 'cos separate entrance for Star Avenue and Folk Museum.

































































































Mandatory touristy picture.



















My "What the heck can I get with KRW 10,000" face, HAHAHAHA












My "OMG GOTTA GOBBLE YOU DOWN" face.


"SO YUMZ"




And like any other theme park, parade show at the end of the day. Super lame 'cos they were all speaking in Korean. Strollers everywhere -_-










































 Uncle caught me taking pictures of him...HAHAHA






Left quite early that day, prolly around 7 plus or so and headed to Namdaemun.
Anyway, I was flipping through my itinerary and couldn't find Namdaemun in it, no idea how I got there but I highly doubt it's Namdaemun. They've local brands (Faceshop, Nature Republic etc) and also international brands like H&M, Zara and Forever 21..








We were walking aimlessly, just absorbing the local culture of Korea. Eating street foods and stuff.


Dinner/supper was at some small corner, BEST PORK EVER!!!!





Thick and juicy meat. This was when I fall in love with Black Pork. Authentic Black Pork.










After our dinner we went to hunt down the Famous Ginseng Chicken (mom and sis were super spontaneous, we were all so full but still "die die must try it", managed to locate the shop and we were quite embarrassed to order the smallest soup they offered for 3 of us) HAHAHAHA.
The soup was so different back here in Singapore, I guess it was tweaked and catered to the Singaporean here.

Damn, I miss Korea SO MUCH!! ):

No comments :