photo line.png

03 June, 2013

KOREA (SEOUL) DAY 1 : IP Boutique Hotel, Gyeongbokgung Palace & Ssamziegil

One of the most memorable trip with my mom and sis. Before our flight, we had dinner at the airport with dad and Kenny ( I think we had Waraku or something).
I didn't had much 'cos I wanted to eat the plane food! I know some people hated food on board (WHY?!)
No idea why, but I think the food up there are so yumz. LOL.



Soon after, we are ready to board the plane. VERY EXCITED US :D
Prior to this trip, I've made an armsful of research and tons of places we wanna visit, but sadly 7 days in Seoul wasn't enough to cover all ): We will be back, we promised! We missed this lovely place so much!





A view of Asiana Airline's plane looks like. This is the bigger plane we sat. The other one we sat on our way back to SG was much smaller.



My inflight entertainments are movies and running man.


They offered Korean newspaper so I took it. I thought one day I might recognised but sadly I don't. I'm still stuck at Basic lvl 1 cos I chickened out at the lvl 2 test ):

















And we arrived at Seoul Incheon at 5am, way way wayyy before my scheduled timing.
Incheon airport was so spacious, clean and brightly-lit. Sighs (English) where everywhere in the airport so it was quite easy for us to manoeuvre around.










First things first, we went to the convenience mart to get our "POP" cards aka Korean ver. of EZ link card.
Card value KRW 10,000 and deposit 5,000 (p/s I can't remember the exact amount of it but it's somewhat below 20,000. The transportation was relatively cheap in Korea, if you're travelling to maybe one or two stops away from your original destination it is FREE!)



First meal in Korea was Mcdonalds. We just had to try Mcdonalds in a foreign country.







To get to our hotel from Incheon airport. My original itinerary was to take Limousine Bus 6060 to the hotel straight but I think it was too early hence we took the airport express and transfer from Seoul Station to Itaewon Station.
Fair: KRW 13,800 cheaper than Limousine Bus which was around KRW 15,000









Getting to IP Boutique Hotel
Located 5-10 min away from Itaewon Station (Subway Line 6)
Upon arrival at Itaewon station take exit 2 and walk all the way straight till you see the colourful building









IP clinic is in this this building!


Tour around our room. The brightest place was probably the toilet (with bath tub!) and heated toilet bowl!






Yes, mom was pointed at the legendary toilet bowl.



Amazing view from our hotel room. The room was really comfortable consider we had to share a bed with my sis. What I love most would be the ipod docking that I can use to charge my phone and play music at the same time.
The room also comes with complimentary wifi, helloooo we are in Korea, wifi was very accessible around us especially cafes (they normally provide free wifi).
They even have wifi in subways, random streets.. I don't know what they do that but it was amazing.
You can even rent a portable modem, for a little fee of 'cos.


We visited a traditional church right opposite our hotel. The weather was windy yet sunny at the same time, this sun literally burnt me, I came back to the room with tan lines on my leg -_-





Getting to Gyeongbokgung Palace (景福宫)
Use exit #5 of Gyeongbokgung Station (Subway Line #3 orange line)
Adults (ages 19-64) 3,000 won (SGD3.2). Close on Tuesday








































If you've watched Secret Garden...
























Getting to Ssamziegil (book cafe, cute diary cafe)

My only interest in Ssamziegil is the cute diary cafe, they sell cute Korean stickers & books.
Along the street, there are a few shops selling craft and stuff.

Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 6. Go 100m forward, then turn left onto Insa-dong Street.
Go 180m on the street to arrive at Ssamziegil on the left.

Also, to mmmg cafe located at Insadong(서울특별시 종로구 안국동 153)
Anguk-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul 153, 安国洞,钟路区首尔153








Street food in Korea was the yummiest of all!




Anyway. We got lost somewhere while trying to locate a restaurant and a kind korean girl actually bring us to this (very) local-ish place where her boyfriend own.
At first we were kind of worry 'cos we had to walk into a dark alley, we still went ahead idk why but.... glad we did!
Food in Korea was around KRW 30,000 per meal if you ordered the least I guess? But you get shit loads of side dishes and free flow of water, pretty worth it if you asked.
We loveeeeeee! First bbq of the day!





The food  was soooo yummy, I can have these everyday. I love Korea alright!

Hope my travelogue helps those ppl who are traveling to Korea for the first time! Do drop me a comment if you've any doubts/ interesting place in Korea, would really love to hear from you guys (:

Till next time! xx

No comments :